Which Plumbing Projects Are DIY & What Projects Are For The Professionals?
Plumbing is one of the more difficult home projects if you don’t know what you are doing. That doesn’t mean you need to call a professional every time. That’s why it’s important to know when you can fix a plumbing issue yourself or when it’s time to call in a professional.
When It Comes to DIY, Here Are Some Things You Can Conquer Without A Professional.
• A slowly dripping faucet: A steady drip can mean the washer within the faucet needs to be replaced. Turn off the water to the faucet and then unscrew the handle. Inspect the O-ring and washer for damage. Replace with a new washer and reassemble.
• A running toilet: After you flush, does water continue to flow into the bowl? If so, that means you have a problem with your lever located in the tank behind the bowl. To fix it, remove the toilet tank lid, find the chain that is likely sunk to the bottom of the tank and reattach it to the lever that is attached to the toilet handle. In some cases you may need to replace the chain if it has been damaged.
• A clogged drain: Before you pour a chemical drain cleaner down the drain to clear a drain, try using a natural alternative of baking soda, salt and hot water. Some clogs are lodged too deep in your pipes to clear or are too large for solvents, in that case you might want to start with using a snake to clear out the drain.
Projects You Should Leave To The Professionals.
• Water heater malfunction: Leaking water heaters or water heaters that are emitting an odor or making a strange sound are all cause to call in a professional. Improperly performing water heaters can be a health and safety hazard.
• Burst pipes: Extreme changes in temperature can cause a water pipe to burst sending hundreds of gallons of water into your home. If a pipe bursts, immediately shut off the main water valve to your home and call a professional.
• Clogged sewer lines: The main sewer line to your home is one of the biggest and most important pieces of plumbing. A sewer line collapse or clog is always best handled by a professional.
Call The Plumbing Experts At Paradigm Plumbing
For all your professional plumbing needs call the experts at Paradigm Plumbing. In the event of a plumbing emergency, contact the plumbing experts at Paradigm Plumbing of Palm Beach County. For fast and professional plumbing service, give us a call today at 561-8419008 and learn more about what our team can do for you. For emergency plumbing services, contact us at 561-535-0494.