Choosing A Washer And Dryer Is Tougher Than It Looks.
Picking the perfect washer and dryer to fit your crazy lifestyle can be a tough decision. Good thing we are here to help!
Space-saving washers and dryers
• Stacked units: These towers feature a dryer suspended above a top-load washer in one connected unit. Capacity is on the small side, as they are not as deep as full-size washers and dryers. Because of this, it’s easier for them to fit into compact vertical spaces like laundry closets.
• Compact models: Some separate washer and dryer appliances are designed to fit into tight spaces as well. These can be placed side by side or arranged vertically with the use of a compatible stand.
The Full Size Washer And Dryer
• Side-by-side: This common layout works equally well for all washer and dryer types. Most often, the washing machine is on the left with the dryer to the right for one simple reason — door hinges. The typical dryer is hinged on the right, so by positioning it on that side, the door opens out of your way as you transfer wet clothes from the washer.
• Stacked: Many front-load washers let you stack the matching dryer on top by using a stacking kit (sold separately). By going vertical, you can save floor space without sacrificing capacity. Keep in mind, though — the dryer’s elevated height could make the control panel hard to reach.
How To Measure The Area Properly
When measuring the are for a washer and dryer you want to leave some extra room on all side of the machines for safety reasons and to have them fit comfortably in the space. When measuring the space for a washer keep these extra sizes in mind:
• Width — Leave 1″–3″ on the sides and between appliances so air can circulate.
• Depth — Leave 4″–6″ at the back to accommodate vents, hookups and cords (round vents will require more space than periscope-style vents). Front-load washers and dryers typically need 21″–25″ to swing the door open.
• Height — For top-load washers, allow at least 20″ for door clearance. If front-load models will be installed under a counter, leave 1″ of wiggle room so they’re easier to remove when necessary.
Choose The Experts At Paradigm Plumbing
At Paradigm Plumbing, we understand picking the perfect washer and dryer for your lifestyle can be tough, but once the decision is made it can make a big impact. Call Paradigm Plumbing to help install your new washer and dryer properly. That’s why your trusted South Florida emergency plumbers at Paradigm Plumbing are committed to providing fast and responsive service at a fair price. Contact us today at 561-535-0494 to learn more about our residential and commercial plumbing services in Riviera Beach, Florida.