With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, our expert technicians are preparing for one of the plumbing’s busiest time of the year. In order to avoid a plumbing disaster at your home this holiday, here are some tips to help not spoil your Thanksgiving celebration.
Avoid using your garbage disposal like a trash can
- Be mindful of what goes down the drain.
- Dispose of cooking grease properly. When grease is poured down the drain, it will eventually solidify and prohibit the flow of water. The best solution for grease is to pour into jars, cans, or freeze it in a plastic container and then scrape it into the garbage.
- There are several items on the Thanksgiving menu that are no-no’s for the disposal, such as potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, lettuce, oil, fat, bones, eggshells, and coffee. Dispose of these items in the trash can.
- Run cold water when the disposal is on.
- Dish soap or lemon peel is a great way to keep the disposal clean and smelling good.
Do not flush anything other than toilet paper in your toilets
- Have a small trash can handy in the bathroom for any items that should not be flushed.
Leave a plunger by each toilet
- By providing a plunger, your guests can usually handle unclogging the toilet themselves.
Don’t let the hair down the shower drain
- With overnight guests, it is a good idea to add a shower drain hair catcher in every bathroom. The strainer prevents excess hair from entering your drains and causing clogs.
Fix any existing plumbing issues prior to having guests arrive for Thanksgiving
- Minor plumbing problems can quickly turn into major plumbing problems when they are left unresolved.
- If you have a clogged or slow running drain, a leaky faucet, or an old water heater ready to give out, addressing these before the holiday could save heartache if they break during the holiday.
Call The Experts At Paradigm Plumbing For Your Plumbing Needs During The Thanksgiving Holiday
When it comes to plumbing assistance, make sure to always have an expert plumber like Paradigm Plumbing available before, during and after the Thanksgiving holiday. For fast and professional plumbing service, give us a call today at (561) 841-9008 and learn more about what our team can do for you.