Paradigm Plumbing Services’ skilled plumbers can handle any faucet repair or faucet service whether part of a kitchen sink, bathroom sink, bathtub, shower, wet bar, laundry room, water shut-off valves or even an outdoor hose bib.
Faucets contain moving parts and they break and wear out over time.We can also solve any sink clog; repair or replace an existing sink or install a new one wherever you need it, whether in the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room or bar.
How to turn off the water supply if your faucet breaks?
It happens. Faucets break, sometimes violently, and water begins spewing all over the wall and floor.
- Don’t panic!
- Look under the sink for the water shut-off valves. There is a cold water shut-off valve and a hot water shut-off valve. They’re usually bronze or chrome with a small oval valve handle.
- Turn the handles clockwise until the water stops pouring out of the faucet. Sometimes water shut-off valves freeze up from lack of use. If it won’t budge, get a pair of pliers and slowly turn the knob back and forth until the rubber seat inside loosens. Don’t force it all at once or it could break and cause bigger plumbing problems.
- If the valve spins freely and won’t turn the inner seat, tighten the handle set screw on the face and try again.
- If this doesn’t work, turn off the main water supply valve off to the house.
- Once the water is off call Paradigm Plumbing Services for a service technician to correct the problem.
You should always make yourself aware of where this shut-off valve is and how to shut off the water to the home. You never know when you will need it.